The goal of the Center for Innovation is to create spaces that compel students to develop skills and mindsets necessary to succeed in college and in life, such as problem-solving, adaptability, empathy, entrepreneurship and collaboration.
The Center for Innovation is composed of six key areas:
- Fab Lab
- Design Studio
- Digi Studio
- Idea Lab
- VR Room
Fab Lab (Fabrication laboratory) is a 21st Century workshop offering access to a range of advanced fabrication tools and digital resources to inspire students to turn their ideas into new products and prototypes. The beauty of the Fab Lab is its ability to not only inspire students but to teach them the value of learning, creating and providing the resources to have positive impact beyond the walls of a classroom.
The Fab Lab features:
- 3 D Printers – Two Raise3D N2 Dual Extruder printers
- 3d printers can create a physical model of virtually any shape through the extrusion of plastic based filament (PLA, ABS).
- Laser Cutter – AP Lazer Cutter
- Laser cutters utilize a high powered laser to make precision cuts in a variety of materials (wood, metal, stone, acrylic, glass, paper and much more). The laser is accurate to 1/100 of an inch (.01 inches), which allows it to cut very complex, intricate designs. The laser can be programmed to either engrave (raster cut) the surface of the material or cut through the material (vector cut).
- Milling Machine – Nomad 883 Pro Desktop Miller
- A milling machine is basically the inverse of a 3D printer. The Nomad 883 allows for rapid prototyping of product designs, building custom circuit boards, production of molds, and more. The Milling machine can be used on wood, mdf, modeling wax, plaster and FR1 circuit board blanks.
- Vinyl Cutter – Titan 28 Vinyl Master Cutter
- A vinyl cutter opens a world of possibilities for transferring vinyl designs, printed transfer papers, and sublimation ink designs, to apparel, mugs, other substrates and of course makes great banners.
- Electronics Bench – Soldering stations, power supplies, arduinos, and more
- The electronics bench enables students to take their creations to the next level with computer controls, lights, powered motion, and more.
Design Studio - Students want to engage in — and contribute to — their community. Having the tools and space to design drives intrinsic motivation and reinforces for students what we already know — that they are a tremendous asset to the communities in which they live.
The Design Studio features:
- A Conference Carrel to allow students to work independently or in small groups.
- Design Stations to provide clear line of sight for group viewing and collaboration and other presentation applications.
- A powerful computer station with Mac Pros ready for students to engage in high-end design work.
- Collaborative work areas throughout the Design Studio space.
The Digi Studio (Digital Video / Audio Recording Studio) allows students to explore the power of the media and produce top quality sound and video work to share with the world.
The All Saints Center For Innovation Digi Studio features:
- A fully functioning News Room with:
- Two ProHD cameras on mobile tripods
- News desk with teleprompting
- Green Screen for video production
- Adaptive lighting with booms and filters
- Producers desk for broadcasting and streaming
- An Audio Recording Studio
- Radio Broadcast Station with producers desk for broadcasting and streaming
- Mixing board for recording
- Sound Booth for acoustics
- ProHD Microphones
E-Café (Entrepreneur Café) will inspire a entrepreneurial mindset and give a unique learning experience to foster passion and excitement for what it takes to start and run a business. The E-café will be a full service beverage shop with bottled beverages, coffees, and smoothies.
The E-Café features:
- A commercial store front bar
- Digital retail displays for branding, menu presentation, and product placement
- Digital Brewing System with twin shuttles
- Double Frozen Beverage Machine for Smoothies and Slushees
- Double Beverage Cooler for bottled drinks
Idea Lab (Blended Learning and Conference Hub) is a space for Blended Learning to occur within a state-of-art Conference Hub with tools to make learning global and assessable for all students. The Idea Lab will feature a variety of areas to allow for collaborative learning. Outfitted with video conferencing for up to three sources will allow for distance learning connections across the globe.
The Idea Lab features:
- 3 - 50” displays for projection
- An idea wall with writable surfacing for brainstorming and collaborative work. The wall will also feature storage for printed resources and reference books
- Café style classroom area for casual class activities
VR Room (Virtual Reality)
The VR room is equipped with technologies that include various software and design platforms, headset configurations, workstations, and filming resources to help students experiment and create innovations in the virtual and augmented reality realms. Students will be able to create and experience simulations for classes and design projects across the curriculum.